International Conference of Data Protection and Privacy Commissioners
Apart from the European data protection authorities and the European Data Protection Supervisor, fellow members of the Article 29 Working Party, the Authority also meets its colleagues from Canada, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Japan and other jurisdictions in the Asia-Pacific region.
Although its name suggests otherwise, the International Conference of Data Protection and Privacy Commissioners, does not only gather representatives of data protection authorities. Other participants are legal experts, lawyers, university professors,experts, but also actors from the economy – like companies active in the media, telecommunications or marketing – the industry or civil society – consumer organisations, NGOs . The conference is an opportunity for everybody to be informed about privacy protection, to discuss joint issues or identical concerns, as well as to think about future challenges and to consider solutions or conditions for cooperation. In addition to the public sessions that are accessible for everybody, there are sessions behind closed doors that are reserved to data protection authorities. At the end of these closed sessions resolutions are adopted on topical subjects that reflect the point of view of the “community of data protection authorities”. These resolutions are made known to the world.
- The Authority
- Article 29 Working Party on the protection of personal data
- European Data Protection Supervisor
- Customs Information System Joint Supervisory Authority
- Europol Joint Supervisory Body
- Schengen Joint Supervisory Authority
- Visa Information System (VIS)
- Global Privacy Enforcement Network
- Working Party on Police en Justice
- European Conference on Data Protection
- Berlin Group
- International Conference of Data Protection and Authorityers
- Conference of the Association francophone des autorités de protection des données personnelles